Monday, January 16, 2006

I have got to say I HATE spiders, and particularly, I HATE hairy spiders. You can already see where this entry is going right?
Anyhow I walked a visitor to the door this afternoon and noticed there was a nice hairy spider on the edge of the verandah. I decided I had best do my duty and get rid of it before it found it's way inside and REALLY scared the crappers out of me. Armed with my trusty can of Mortein I stayed a good distance back and began spraying. I was really calm when it started to react but then it jumped, and so did I..straight back in the front door while still spraying at it. Common sense told me now it was on the ground it would head for the garden and die, why would any creature run straight into the Mortein spray...but yup, you guessed again. The stupid freakin' arachnid came straight at me at high speed and not even the doormat was going to stand in it's way. Luckily it stopped and sat just over the step from my toes. I continued to spray and then it decided it was now or never and it was coming inside so I did what any irrational woman would do..and slammed the door on it and screamed like banshee at it.
Well it worked, it didn't get inside but I now have to go find it's body outside just to make sure it is really dead and not just out there planning revenge!

Zebette 1 Spider 0

1 Comments:

Blogger katef said...

ha ha ha ha ha.... Ok I know it's not funny for you (grew up with an hysterical arachnaphobe for a mother) but that was lots of fun to read! I hope you found the body and feel much better about it all now!

6:28 PM, January 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home