Sunday, February 12, 2006

You Know You Make Me Wanna SHOUT!

Well yesterday morning we picked my Mum up from the airport as she had been away for 13 weeks overseas....today I am ready to take her back to the damn airport and stick her on any plane going any where!
She is the worlds most frustrating woman, and I actually had to yell at her today, in front of my Aunt and Uncle, to make her stop undermining my parenting skills with the kids. She said "Oh sorry" and then immediately continued doing it. I physically had to leave the room and calm down before I lost it completely. I could go on about this woman but I need to go to bed soon and I won't sleep if I get all worked up about it now...I've even had to send G out to get me a stiff drink to calm me down....okay well actually it's a McD's strawberry milkshake but I don't drink alcohol so that's the next best thing for me.

We did end up getting the kids new shoes yesterday, as suspected all kids have gone up a full size so that was a big plus to the weekend. G and I even left the kids with my mother and "nipped" to the shops for 2 hours and had a nice long un-interrupted lunch together, the first one in a loooooong time where we didn't have a toddler hanging off the table repeating "mummy,mummy,mummy" over and over and over.

I confess despite my mother being here tonight I did have some fun with the twins going mad singing and dancing with the Wiggles while I played a card game with Ab. We should have more time like that together..it was so nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home