Friday, February 02, 2007

This Rollercoaster Called Life

It's been a busy week here and I am so exhausted in an emotional way it is not funny. I need lots of love and cuddles, a good laugh and some relaxation this weekend.

I don't even know where to start with this post so much has been happening..I may even have to come back and do some more later. G and I are popping to the hospital tonight to see an extremely dear family member who was taken ill yesterday and only had a 50/50 chance of making it. Not good odds, but he has beaten the odds so far and is doing much better today. I can't wait to see him as I have been worried sick, I feel like my head has just been consumed with worry for him. I know once I see him I will feel much better. K is like another Dad to me, he's been there my whole life and is also my godfather, he is a grandfather figure for the kids and a great male figure in Joe's life since Dad passed away. They have such a special connection and even though I know K loves the girls too I feel the chemistry with Joe is that little bit more special. Joe just lights up when K walks in.

Abs has also had some issues of late which have been quite worrying. I think it has settled down a little now with her return to school giving her some routine back (she's a true Virgo and great with routine) and she seems to be settling down well. Me on the other hand, am struggling with the early mornings again!

Things with G's work have also been quite intense and causing me some concern but it finally looks like things are picking up there as well. His boss has resigned which can only make G's life easier and less stressful. There may even be a mini-promotion in the pipeline..or maybe not, we'll wait and see.

Anyway it's all been far too serious around here lately and so I think I will finish this post with a sight that just made me smile yesterday amidst all the drama. I ordered the twins a new sunhat each from Ebay which arrived yesterday morning. Joe just *loves* his new Cars cap with Lightning McQueen and Mater on and he wore it ALL day and would not take it off..eventually he even fell asleep with it on.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You certainly have been on a mighty big rollercoaster lately! So glad K is doing better and I hope the visit put your mind at ease a little. That goes for Abs too, good to hear that has all settled down a bit also.

Things can only get better from here, right? Let's hope so! Mega-huge hugs xxx

7:54 PM, February 03, 2007  
Blogger katef said...

Thinking of you guys Jo.. I hope the roller coaster stop longs enough for you to get off and catch your breath a little!

2:29 PM, February 05, 2007  
Blogger Chris said...

Hugs hugs hugs and more hugs chicki. I feel I haven't been there for you at all with any of this although I know everyone is helping you in every way they can. I had no idea of Abs "issues" and I do hope they are settling down. You know I'm always there for ya just grab me on MSN, email or PM me.
Hoping that your GF is doing so much better now as well. Life is sure hectic and sometimes it would be nice to stop the world and get off. Even though we can't do that we manage with support and love from all round.
XXX000

12:07 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger amanda said...

Jo so glad your Uncle is on the mend. I know things have been a bit rough for you at the moment.

Hopefully it all settles down and life can return to normal for you guys.

Glad things with Abs have gotten better too.

Gosh kids and Uncles hey! Who would have them LOL ;)

10:50 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger amanda said...

jeez you sure know how to keep us all in suspense of the next installment of your life!

Love reading about you chick - keep it up :)

11:49 PM, February 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home