Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Month That Was...

It's been a long time between posts..and apparently I am being missed (sorry Annette!!!) so I thought I would get things up to speed before the end of the year arrives!

The past few weeks have been fairly busy getting Xmas sorted, I am very happy to report that I finished every last scrap of pressie shopping on Dec 13th, my Christmas cards which I had sent off for printing this year came back and then I sent them off to their receivers and they shall hopefully get there on time. The Christmas tree is up and decorated, and the twins haven't pulled it over at all yet!

Abbey is now on school holidays after a busy last few weeks at school with a Music Night one week, Christmas Extravaganza concert the next week and then finally Speech and Award Night all of which went very well. She's had another great semester at school and managed 4 A's and the rest B's for her grades (actually one of those was an A+ for her piano lessons!) She has worked hard this year especially at maths so we are really proud.
She also decided that she wanted all her hair chopped off, so last Saturday we took her to the hairdresser and she is now sporting a much shorter do , which I think I am still getting used to but I do like it. This weekend she is talking about getting her ears pierced (she chickened out last weekend but did have a look at the gun they use to do it)

Joe and Scarlett are doing fine. Nothing really new with Scarlett but Joe is finally getting the hang of toilet training and we even had a run of 15 days without an accident from him so it's so much better than it has been. He went to see Father Christmas last weekend and was happy to sit and have his photo taken this year, first time he hasn't had a grumpy face! He also let Santa know that he would like a "big Transformer" which he knows only big boys get when they know how to use undies so fingers crossed he doesn't go backwards once he gets his Transformer.

In between all of that and juggling class parties, getting her books sorted for next year and getting her to concerts and rehearsals etc I managed to get another year older, was a quiet one this year and I managed a nice curry dinner out with G and he gave my a gorgeous little Ipod (yeah I know I must have been the only person in Australia that didn't already have one) but now I do and it's a lovely little 8GB-er so should do me nicely.
Anyhow will close up with a pic of Abs new short hair!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love Ab's new do! Great news on the TT front too, all is going swimmingly here as well!

And guess what, you weren't the only person in Aus who didn't have an iPod...I don't either! Nor do I want one, mainly because I don't have the time! LOL

9:41 PM, December 19, 2007  
Blogger amanda said...

yay on your new ipod!! i love mine (but you know that already lol)

oh at Abs hair. She is stunning! wowsers. A beautiful young lady you have there.

and a belated extra mwah for your birthday

6:26 PM, December 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home