Friday, October 19, 2007

All Growed Up

Yep it's official, we now have two pre-schoolers in the house as today was the twins first day of Kindy. At this stage it's only pre-entry which means just one morning a week for two hours, but next year it will be almost 3 hours, 4 days a week. I can't even imagine having that much time to myself EVERY day. The possibilities are endless.
It went really well, Scarlett was up at 6am wondering if it was time to go yet. They had both helped pack their bags the night before and she was ready to get going. It was very loud here this morning as even Abbey was excited for them.
No tears when I said goodbye to them (well not from them anyway) and that was it.

I felt like an octopus on the way home, like I had too many arms and nothing attached to them, it was strange. The quietness of the house didn't bother me as much as I thought it would..there again I did use a little music therapy to get me through.
They had a great time and each brought me home a painting. I forgot how annoying it was to try to walk along, talk and keep wet paintings from flapping about as we went along, and by the time we were half way home I was running out of hands to guide the kids across the road and wishing that I was actually an octopus.

Anyhow here is a pic from this morning before they headed off on their trip to Kindy..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look so excited! Hope it wasn't too difficult for you. I know it was to me when I brought my son to daycare for the first time...

5:07 PM, October 19, 2007  
Blogger amanda said...

Oh Jo. I know that feeling chook. I can't believe they are so big already!! I bet they are loving pre-entry and LOL at walking home with the wet paintings - we can all relate to that!

9:38 PM, October 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home