Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Week That Was

It's been a week since I updated, I kept meaning to but have just been busy, side-tracked or just plain not in the mood. This poor blog must feel so un-loved.

Well I have started *the* album which I agreed to do, 3 layouts of the 20 needed are pretty much done but will need some tweaking and finishing off but I figure if I get all the basics on the page most everything else will fall in place eventually.

My new kit is finished, I just need to do some zipping, file naming and make a preview for it so keep an eye out here for it hopefully within this next week.

Last week on Feb 21st I became a Great Aunt with the birth of a great-nephew! He lives in the UK so he'll be a big kid by the time we get to see him I suspect but we saw photos of him today for the first time and he is simply perfect. A stunning head of thick dark hair, and so terribly handsome...funnily enough it didn't make me clucky for another baby..but it *really* made me miss all of our family in the UK!

Nothing much else happening, though my Nana is quite ill at the moment, possibly another stroke but no-one seems sure yet until test results are in. She's 89 years old so she's had a fair old life. She suffers from dementia and Alzheimers so hasn't really known who I am, or the kids, or even her own kids are for quite sometime. It's awful watching her deteriorate so slowly, she used to be quite a funny old duck and quite a giggle when I was younger.

So as you can see not much happening here, Joe seems to have a sniffle at the moment but nothing too major (thus far) and he still managed to smack Scarlett in the face so hard with the corner of a book that her nose has a big bloodied scratch mark across it!

My Auntie is coming up tomorrow morning and I can't wait as she's bringing a photo album from when I was little with a picture of me and my Dad in it that she said is gorgeous. I love seeing pics of Dad. Last week my Mum showed me some pics she brought back from my Auntie in UK of my Dad when he was a baby and also around the 7-8 year old mark. The resemblance to Joe is amazing. There were also some great pics of my other Nana, who passed away about 18 months ago as a young girl, and with my grandfather when they were just a young couple of 17 years old or thereabouts. Can't wait to get scanning them!!




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the arrival of your great-nephew! Know what you mean about a busy week too!...

11:41 PM, February 28, 2006  
Blogger katef said...

oh I have beeb a bad blogger of late too! glad ot hear you are still going on your album - you are a better woman than I am!

11:44 PM, February 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely know what you mean about busy!! Congrats on the new addition in the family!! :)

{{hugs!}}

12:34 AM, March 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home