Sunday, July 08, 2007

A Little Fairy Story

Yesterday afternoon I was trying to spend some one on one time with Scarlett snuggled on her bed reading a book. This usually means I turn the pages and she tells me her own story to the pictures..so it's a lovely story about a little bunny helping a fairy and getting to go to the Fairy Ball and meet the Fairy Queen and Scar gets to one part and says "and then the fairy says f**k it" and my jaw dropped to the ground. I asked her to repeat herself in case I heard wrong..but sure enough the same word came out. I asked her did you just say f**k it and she says she did. I then get into where did you hear that word and she says it's a mad word and that she heard it from Abbey when Abs was mad at her. I called Abbey in and asked her what words she uses at the twins when she is mad at them and she confessed to telling them to shut up, and eventually I got it out of her that yes she uses that word on the twins too. I asked where she heard it from etc and does she use it at school, do any of her friends use it etc. Apparently she learned it from the girl across the road who is 11 but they hang out with each other. I don't think her friend meant for Abs to use it, she showed Abs the inside of the CD cover of one of Pink's albums and said "look it's a swear word" type thing. I just told Ab and Scarlett to NOT use that word, that it isn't a nice word and the next time they used it they would be in BIG trouble. Abs knew she was in the wrong though and burst into tears the minute she knew that I knew she had used the word. She has such a conscience!

3 Comments:

Blogger katef said...

Oh dear... have to admit I had a bit of a giggle as I can just imagine your face when the story took a turn for the worse!

6:34 PM, July 08, 2007  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh my Jo what an interesting story and I have to be the 1st to admit...I hate that word! Isn't parenting so much fun!

2:29 AM, July 10, 2007  
Blogger amanda said...

Jo am so glad to hear we are not alone. It is such a shock to hear that word come out of our cherubs' mouths.........i hate it.

*giggle* at how innocently Scar used it though.

9:33 PM, July 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home