Wednesday, July 11, 2007

An Unwelcome Visitor

This evening as I was tidying up some toys in Joe's room I noticed a long thread at the base of Joe's curtains. When I followed the thread I found that the net curtain had a rip almost the entire length of it from top to bottom. Now I knew there was tear in the curtains a couple of inches long as Scarlett had found a hole in it the other day , stuck her finger in and pulled down but now the tear is MASSIVE. I was not impressed and asked Joe about it, he said it wasn't him or Scarlett. I called Scarlett in and she told me it was "the naughty kid" who had done it. I asked her for the name of the naughty kid and she replied "Ruby" and I was told all about how Ruby had come inside, ripped the curtains and was now at home. She apparently lives next door according to Joe, or if you ask Scarlett, Ruby lives in Fairyland.
Just you wait until I have a word with Ruby's parents. Actually the hard thing is I have no idea who did it so couldn't really tell anyone off, Scarlett looked the most guilty and told me Ruby had done it by putting her finger in the small rip. Joe claims Ruby did it by spreading the curtains apart thus ripping them further apart (which actually makes more sense as there is no way Scarlett and her finger could reach as high as the rip goes) The bottom line is I don't have a clue and couldn't really get angry at either of them.
It's hard trying to parent twins, but on the plus side I love how much they stood up for each other in a strange way. Made me a little proud, but also very scared at what is to come as they get older!

3 Comments:

Blogger katef said...

Oh Ruby sounds like a bit of a goer LOL

You know I would have gotten mad at Ruby. Maybe if you tell Jo and Scarlett to tell Ruby next time they see her that it is NOT OK to rip the curtains etc etc.. then you don't have to know who actually did it as the message will be getting through anyway?

12:56 PM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger amanda said...

LOL at Ruby. That is so cute. LMAO at 'she lives in Fairyland'...just priceless.

Oh the joys of twin parenting!

9:30 PM, July 15, 2007  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow so Ruby seems to be the new kid on the block...how interesting Jo.....lol Very cute indeed...ahhh kids hey twins or not!

12:39 AM, July 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home