Thursday, June 29, 2006

Hallelujah!

Today the twins slept for almost 2 hours, the wave of relief that swept over me when they dropped off to sleep is too enormous to be able to express. The afternoon and evening went well, no fighting, no biting, no tantrums and no screaming. I could not have asked for better considering G was working late tonight and I knew he wouldn't be likely to be home in time to see them before bedtime. Everything went smoothly, Joe was still being a little ratty when G came home but after G went to see him he settled down nicely to sleep and all was well by 7.45pm.

My mental health status has hit an all-time high for this week! I can't describe how much I just needed those two hours of peace. I am not going to count on it happening again tomorrow, but at least I feel a little rejuvenated.

3 Comments:

Blogger katef said...

oh waaahooooo! Yay for some peace!

11:01 PM, June 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank god for afternoon sleeps!
yay that they are still on Joe and Scars menu!

11:16 PM, June 29, 2006  
Blogger Janie said...

I hope you put your feet up and had a long cuppa!

3:46 PM, June 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home