Friday, June 02, 2006

Feel Like A Teenager Again!

You know when you want something soooooo bad and can't wait to get it. Well I have just bought my tickets to go see Robbie Williams when he plays Australia in December, and I am beside myself with excitement. I am stoked with the seats (this rock chick is far too past it for that general admission malarky with the youngsters ;) ) we have gotten and I was so stressed about getting them, I was sure I would jinx myself and get crappy seats!
So I know this isn't huge news to most but I have adored Robbie since his/mine Take That days. I am very over him and his attitude over the last several years, you know the constant "poor misunderstood me" thing is really very boring now, and his looks are not what they used to be (I know MANY who will disagree) but I love his music, and I honestly believe he is one of the few, extremely rare, natural born entertainers in the world today, and I can't think of many off the top of my head..though Justin Hawkins from The Darkness springs to mind..but not in the same way as Robbie.
I last saw Robbie when he toured in 1997, at the Cambridge Corn Exchange, a nice small venue where I think I paid 12 pounds for my ticket, it was his first solo tour since his split with Take That and he was amazing then. In 2001, when he played Adelaide we were ironically in UK at my sisters wedding ...in 2003 he never played Adelaide..so this has been a long wait for me..and I have no doubt in my mind it will be worth every second!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH WOW! WOW, WOW, WOW!! I'm sooo jealous - I feel totally the same way, a bit over the Robbie 'attitude' but he still rocks. And although I don't think he's gorgeous, he does have a certain something that attracts you to him. Congrats!! Tell us how it was once you go... :)

1:29 PM, June 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so I guess I need to start learning some words to his songs otherwise I'll be the only one of the 50,000+ crowd pretending to move my lips to the words. I shall remember to take my 'Anti-Obnoxiousnous' ear plugs for the bits between the songs.

4:07 PM, June 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG woman what are you saying??? He is one man (apart from my G i guess) that absolutely makes me swoon! (haha what an oldie using the word 'swoon' :p )

I reckon he is the bees knees looks wise - hell i would pay for tickets just to perve - stuff the songs!! LOL

10:08 PM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow Jo....I'm not a RW fan myself but YAY you go girl and rock them socks off.Congrats and yippee....have a blast and tell us all how it was.

11:09 AM, June 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home