Saturday, November 25, 2006

A Busy Week

and so I am glad it is the weekend! There's been a lot going on here for me this week but it's all good.

First things first I made the announcement that I have decided to no longer design. I love it a lot but it's very time consuming and with the twins off to Kindy late next year I decided I would rather spend that extra time with them rather than pulling my hair out when designs don't come out right. I think I have managed to come to a good compromise which will allow me to scrap more, still dabble in designing when the mood takes me and still get a little more family time.
I will still be over at Pickleberrypop however I will be switching to the Creative Team which will allow me to continue working with the amazing designers we have there and helping to promote both them and the site. I will also continue to help by providing freebies for any upcoming challenges etc so I am pleased I can still contribute in some way. I love the girls there so much and feel far too attached to PBP to go anywhere else.

So following on from that news..I am having a HUGE Sale! Click on the image below to be taken straight to my store!


Wednesday night G and I went and saw Kasey Chambers at the Festival Theatre. It's our 5th time seeing her play live and I have to say it was the best show yet. She looked so happy, relaxed, confident and her voice seemed stronger than ever. She was very chatty which was great and we felt very privileged as not only did she perform a duet with her husband Shane Nicholson (another very talented Aussie!) but also with her adorable and somewhat lively little boy, Talon. I must also make mention of her support act, Angus and Julia Stone who though very shy at first, won over the crowd with their intriguing and somewhat distinctive sound. I shall be keeping an eye on them in the future.

Thursday night G and I drove down to Marion, about an hour away to pick up some toys we had ordered there a couple of weeks ago. All I can say is the kids had really better appreciate how far Santa will go to keep them happy! :)

Friday night Abs had a school disco so I had to race to get her ready after she got home from school. I managed to get her showered, hair dried, clothed and fed just in time for her friend's mum to arrive to pick her up, unfortunately no photos as she whizzed out the door so fast it made me spin. I'll have to be quicker next time.

Not much planned for the weekend, have a heap of cards to make so should get that done ASAP. It's pretty hot here though and it's sapping our energy (what little we have of it!)

I was going to share a couple of layouts I had done for Carole Neale's CT which I just *love* but seems Blogger is playing silly buggers and won't let me so will post them next time!




3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I'm so happy that you have decided to stay on at PBP as part of the CT. I know only all to well how much time this designing takes on and fully support and understand your decision Jo.

You've had a busy time too. I think everyone is in the same boat there. Glad you enjoyed Kasey Chambers and all the extra talent put on, sounds like a blast.

10:24 AM, November 28, 2006  
Blogger amanda said...

Wow at you going to see Kasey! Good on you - sounds like a wonderful night

OMG at the school disco - we haven't had the pleasure yet but i am sure it wont be long. Would love to be a fly on the wall at those shows!

Well done on your decision with the designing. I know it must have been hard to reach but as long as you are happy that is the main thing (the only thing really! LOL)

mwah to you Jo

11:11 PM, November 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're going to miss you as a designer at PBP Jo, but glad you're still going to hang around!

1:41 PM, December 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home