Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What A Night!

As I sit here this morning I am feeling soo content. I am still basking in the glow of a fantastic night out, and just feeling so relaxed and peaceful (at least until the kids start fighting for the day!) Yesterday we caught up with my girl, Amanda again as she was in the city for an appt. We met up about 5.30pm and took a casual stroll down Rundle Mall as it's been a good year or two since G and I have actually bothered to go into Adelaide, usually we drive through it or around it!
Frankly it hasn't changed all that much, the same groups of youths hanging out at the same old spots that they have done for years, many of them looked dirtier and certainly their mouths were much filthier than in my day. The skirts were shorter, the pants much bigger around the waist and hanging most of the way down to their ankles and there was of course the usual "characters" of the Mall. Yep, same old Rundle Mall.
We then drove out to Melbourne Street and had a divine meal at Zapata's, there was much food consumed, much laughing and non-stop talking and it was just a great time, then we headed down the street for a coffee, more laughing , more talking and then a quick drive out towards Marion to drop Amanda home.
I can't describe how much fun Amanda is, and how much I adore spending time with her. She's such a good person and so easy to get along with. I love our friendship, and I can't wait until March when she is hopefully headed back to Adelaide again for a quick trip!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous night out! And by the sounds of it, Rundle Mall is pretty much like every city these days. It's a bit sad really!

2:46 PM, October 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome day! Those kinds of days should happen more often, hey? :o)

7:34 AM, October 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home