Thursday, March 23, 2006


One Door Closes, Another One Opens

Firstly a huge thanks to all you lovely chickies who were sweet enough to comment on my last blog entry, your support was so appreciated and I am very pleased to say it was a much better day today..in fact it was actually fairly enjoyable!
To Kate, Annette, Heather and Mr Heather..THANKYOU for the new forums so we can all still hang out together whenever we want. I had so much fun there today..probably too much fun actually as I didn't get any scrapping done and my housework didn't exactly go as planned either!
The kids were all beautifully behaved today, I even caught Miss Scarlett striking a lovely coy pose for the camera. She was pretty good all day, as was Joe and this evening we took them to see the health nurse for a check-up. I'm pleased to say they are doing brilliantly!
Joe now stands at 91.5cm tall and weighs in at 13 kgs exactly, and Scar checks in at 12.3 kgs and 88cms.. a far cry from their birth weights just 26 months ago when they were 2.6kgs (Joe) and 2.2kgs (Scarlett) The nurse was very impressed with Scar's speech (she repeats EVERYTHING!! Even long hard words or sentences) and also with the fact Scarlett not only draws great circles but names what she is drawing..normally she draws a circle with lots of lines coming out of it and tells us it's a spider..today she did a strange triangular type shape and told me it was a kangaroo!! She also draws circles and adds facial parts like eyes,hair, nose, mouth etc..even if they aren't quite in the right spot at times!
Joe is also doing well, not too artistic but very energetic, he speaks many words but not as clearly as Scar, however the nurse could understand his words and was very happy with his development.
When we got home my Mum had dinner in the oven, and bless my big girl Abbey as she had set the table, set the twins table complete with their water cups and tidied up all the toys that had been out. I really felt rather pampered, and to top it off I have a friend picking Ab up in the morning so I can sleep in an extra 30 minutes, and she is being dropped home after school too so no need to drag twins out in the heat. Bliss!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Jo! I had a great time at the new forum today too, and paying for it now (look at the time!!). ;o)

That pic is absolutely gorgeous, and I'm glad your day was a bit brigher.

12:36 AM, March 24, 2006  
Blogger Dee said...

Gorgeous photo! :D

Glad all went well with the check up :) SOunds like they are well & truely thriving!

4:26 PM, March 24, 2006  
Blogger katef said...

So glad to hear things are looking up! And wow aren't your two doing well!!! Great heights and weights and I think Scar might just be a genius artist in the making with that talent!

5:51 PM, March 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous photo of Scarlett!!! She is adorable! :)

I am having a wonderful time at the forum, too!! :) Chat with ya some more there ;)

Oh, and good to hear things are looking up for ya! {[hug!}}

7:07 AM, March 25, 2006  
Blogger Bonnie & Brian said...

Beautiful Photo Jo.... she is a very pretty girl...

6:12 PM, March 27, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Gorgez pic of Scarlett Jo and as for the new forum I have had so much fun it's unbelievable!
Also glad things are on the improve to JO!

3:37 PM, March 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home