Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I See You



I took these pictures of Scarlett yesterday and just love that her eyes are so clear in it. I also wanted to show that she isn't always the little blonde haired, blue eyed beauty that everyone else sees!
Most of the time she is the most gorgeous gentle child, always chatting or singing, loves to read and draw, always so gentle with her toys and growing more independant by the day...but when she gets upset she lashes out at everyone and everything around her, and frankly it's heart-breaking to watch.

She doesn't know how to calm herself down, she bites herself and throws things. It kills me to watch her do it and I don't know how to help her understand her feelings of anger. All I can do is wait for her temper to pass and then she is herself again.
We have our good days and our bad days, a good day could mean only one or two short tantrums..a bad one could be 5-6 bigger ones. I can't wait for her to grow out of it!

3 Comments:

Blogger katef said...

oh gorgeous photos... both of them! I think we often forgetr to capture the slightly less that perfect moments! And on the feelings issue... the best thing you can do is to keep verbalising her feelings for her. Since she obviosuly isn't ready to really understand or express her feelings of anger or frustration you can do it for her. It won't stop the tantrums but should help her learn better ways to deal with them in the long run... email me if you want some more info... says me the mother of two whopping tanty throwers!

12:35 PM, March 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chin up chook. I know it seems like it will never end - but it does. She is just venting the frustrations in the only way she knows how to atm. You will get through this soon. I am here for you.

1:34 PM, March 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{hugs}} to you!

Absolute do think your littles are adorable! Awesome photos!

3:21 AM, March 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home