Thursday, July 13, 2006


11 Years Ago Today...

I went online for the very first time. My cousin hooked me up with a modem one evening so he wouldn't have to keep printing out copies of BH90210 spoilers for me when I saw him, little did we know that would have such a profound effect on my life.
He took me to a chatroom on IRC, #adelaide and introduced me to a few people he knew there. During the course of chatting a lad from Cambridge, England turned up in the room and started talking...and that was that. Nine months later he arrived at Adelaide Airport and within a few hours of that first "real life" meeting we were engaged.
Now here we are 11 years later, married with 3 healthy children, a nice sized house, 2 cats and G in steady, well paid work. Most importantly I have my soul mate with me each and every day, through everything that life throws at us we have come through it stronger and more in love with each other than ever. G still manages to make me laugh everyday, I still get all tingly when he smiles at me and there is still no better feeling than being wrapped in his arms at night. I still pace the house when it's time for him to come home from work as I just can't wait to see him.
So just for a bit of fun here's our very first photo of us together in 1996...



G - I just want you to know I love you big time...but if you make fun of this blog entry when you get home from work tonight I am going to punch you SO HARD!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic story! Sounds like you have a wonderful relationship, and a fabulous family to boot!

5:37 PM, July 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who says I will wait until I get home....???

... and I assume the punch will come *after* I make sure you are fed??

5:43 PM, July 13, 2006  
Blogger Jodie said...

congratulations! What a beautiful story.

9:31 PM, July 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh Jo - that is just beautiful

(give him a punch from me too :p )

10:33 PM, July 13, 2006  
Blogger jodyg said...

How sweeeeet. What a beautiful love story. Congratulations on your 11 years together.
PS-That Sheryl Crow songs is one of my favourites.

10:58 PM, July 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda - I'll stop you two playing together if you are going to start ganging up on me!

11:14 AM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Gorgez story Jo and congratulations and happy anniversary for 11 years as well. Awesome girl!!!

11:45 AM, July 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a sweeet and romantic story!!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you!!!!!

1:02 AM, July 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

3:07 AM, July 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home