Friday, July 14, 2006

Totally Stoned


G didn't finish work until a bit later and said he wanted to bring an Indian takeaway home for us for dinner for our anniversary so to go ahead and feed the kids. It was about 5.30pm and there was a couple of weird noises on the roof, I didn't think much about it, until it got louder and even though it was sporadic and would start and stop it started to freak me out, sometimes it was a small noise other times a real BANG and Abbey started to get pretty frightened too. It was dark but I went out the front about 6.15pm and looked up at the roof and couldn't see anything, looked out into the backyard still nothing..I was getting pretty sure by then it wasn't cats up there or a branch blowing along. It stopped for 15 minutes..and then started up again..I was pee-ing myself by now and knew I couldn't wait for G to get home so I called our neighbours. S was home and said she was just about to call the police as it was a kid (she suspected the troubled new kid across the street) throwing rocks at BOTH our houses. G arrived home a short time later, and I spoke with him out the front with S and her hubby J, who came out to see us, we spoke a few minutes and came inside. The police came to the door during dinner and said they would stay close by for a while but nothing else happened.
I just went outside this morning and found 14 stones in our front and back garden, all in line with having come from the house across the street (I was trying not to assume it was him just coz the neighbour thinks he is trouble and despite the fact he burned a bible out front of my house the other week with his friends) you know benefit of the doubt and all that? The good thing is the rocks are very specific type stones, not random found on the street kind, they are like smooth black landscaping stones..I might do some investigating and see who may have some of these in their garden.
I don't know why we seem to be such a target for rock throwing lately, a few weeks back we had 23 large rocks (also the landscape kind but much bigger than last night's) thrown into our backyard, we know who the culprit was and I know the kid, he's not a bad kid but perhaps he and his mates were being a bit silly that day..no harm done, I know the family and it was taken care of..but now to be attacked again!?! What if they had hit one of my cats out there?? It just shits me completely thatI was made to feel so unsafe in my own home, and frightening my kids is just plain wrong!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what a pain! It is wrong that they frighten you and the kids, but you know, the idiots that do it don't think about that unfortunately...

10:44 AM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Jo I hope that all settles down nothing worse then being scared like that especially when hubby is not at home. Kids can be pretty darn cruel at times and simply have no common sense when it comes to pranks like that. The other day we had an egg thrown right at our dining room window and I had a scrap class on....scared the living daylights out of all us and Tim went to investigate but where our dining room window is means that the culprits had to be in the neighbours yard and they don't have children. Kids grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

11:49 AM, July 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh myyy!! I would be freaking out, too!! Poor you! {{hug!}} I hope this doesn't happen again, or that they find who did it.. just be careful and keep safe!!!!

1:00 AM, July 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

3:07 AM, July 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home