Friday, September 01, 2006

And Here's The Proof!

This here is my chick Amanda (on the right)....just to prove we really did meet!




We had a great time and she is everything I thought she would be, I miss her so much already and I wish she lived nearby so we could hang out a lot more often, though if that were the case I would probably get even less done around my house than I already do!
I was nervous in the couple of days before meeting her but I think on the actual day I was just excited and couldn't wait to actually get there and see her, my nerves disappeared and I knew it was going to be fine. We met in a play cafe and my three super polite kids didn't even stop to say hello to Amanda or Piper (her two year old daughter) they just raced straight to the play equipment and ran amok for the next two hours!

So after that highlight for the week everything else has just been average :)

As I sit here blogging I am awaiting a phone call from a local sports store to see if they have managed to locate Abbey's birthday present that we went to get off layby last night and it's gone missing! Honestly how easy can it be to lose a basketball hoop? Not only that but they mucked us about for 40 minutes yesterday trying to figure out where it was (although the first 20 minutes we were waiting they weren't even looking!!) Her birthday is on Monday so they better sort something out VERY quickly. Last we heard they were going to deliver a hoop to our house today from their city store but I have yet to hear when that is due to arrive. Wish us luck on getting Ab's present here in time for her birthday!

So Monday is Ab's birthday but on Sunday we are taking her to the Royal Show, well that's the plan but she is home from school a little under the weather today so we will have to see how she goes. The Show is on for 9 days but Sunday is the only day we can take her due to G's work, and also I have booked in some other stuff for her to do next Saturday. She will be gutted if she misses the Show as she has been looking forward to it since the start of the year.

Haven't managed to scrap or design a thing all week, it's been hectic and G has been unwell also with sinusitis and had a couple of days off work so I am well behind on anything scrap-related!

I did take some pics of Scarlett yesterday which I am pretty proud of...





She's so easy to photograph (most days!) I would love to get some great new close ups of Joe and Abbey too but Joe moves pretty fast and seems to have no attention span at all at the moment, and Abbey tries too hard to pose. I shall have to catch them unawares I think.

Abbey has decided this week she wants to learn piano so we have let the school know and will wait and see if they have a spot for her in piano next term. I think she will be really good at it (so long as she practises!) and I think she will enjoy it very much.

I also won a "Best Rock Chick Wife Of The Year" Award this week when I not only learned to play some Deep Purple on the guitar (what can I say I had a very cute and talented teacher) but also bought G tickets to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers in concert next year! I am in the good books for a while now :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm ... make your famous lasagne for dinner tonight and then we'll talk about the good books :-)

G. (The cute one)

11:56 AM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger Zebette said...

Good idea especially considering your not likely to actually be home for dinner tonight anyway eh? More for me!!
Ab has requested lasagne for her birthday dinner on Monday so make sure you are here ;)

11:59 AM, September 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tap, tap, tap...can I interrupt for a min? ;o)

So glad your meeting went well and that you guys had a fab time catching up in real life!

Happy Birthday to Ab for Monday, and I hope you were all able to get to the show today.

Oh, and I love the pics of Scar, she's gorgeous, and the sepia looks stunning :o)

Ok, you guys can get back to it now, I'm done...hehe

9:58 PM, September 02, 2006  
Blogger Lee said...

Glad you had a great catch up Jo, looks like you had fun.

The pics of Scarlett are just stunning, those cheeks are just so kissable!

I hope Ab's present shows up, big grrrrr if it doesn't!

12:24 PM, September 03, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

LOL guys woah slow down here.

Wow Jo so glad all went well with meeting Angela and that you had a great time.

Scars pics are stunning to say the least. They are fantastic.

1:39 AM, September 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who's Angela?! ;-)

7:53 PM, September 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home