Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A Series Of Events

Can't shut me up now eh? It's been a busy day and I am exhausted.

The day started normally enough, I got up and got myself ready to take Ab to school, twin sdecided to sleep in a bit longer so I quickly fixed the hem on Ab's pinafore before heading to the kitchen to start breakfast, I opened up the blind to let the light in and found this...



Yes, our patio was filling fast with water from an unknown source! I went outside and paddled about and found that the neighbours had decided to drain their pool..straight into our back garden..idiots! It was coming in from under the fence at a very fast rate and was deep enough to cover the tops of my feet. Not sure how much damage they may have done to our pavers yet, I have a feeling it has washed out the sand from underneath them but will have to wait for the back area to dry out a bit more first. Needless to say the neighbours had me on their doorstep at 7.30am in not the best mood (but I was everso polite about it!)

After dropping Abs at school G, the twins and I headed down to the shops to pick up a few bits and pieces, Joe has outgrown his jeans so we picked him up some new ones and some new jammies! We bought Ab a shirt to wear for Sports Day this week, and some cute denim capri pants..she's outgrowing so much of her stuff lately too.

I had a great surprise shortly after arriving home when a delivery van pulled up and my new 19" LCD monitor was handed over. I was pretty gobsmacked as we only ordered it from dstore.com.au on Sunday around midday, and at 8am this morning I got the email to say it had begun delivery..and by 11.45am it was here!! Talk about speedy, and I am very happy with it. I can now also proudly show off the "Poppy Monkey Design Studio" hopefully in the next day I will have moved everything I need over to the other PC (well G will) and I will be up and running!



Yeah yeah I know, it needs a few cool knick-knacks but am still searching for just the right items, I do have my Mojo Jojo monkey there though!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should also post a pic of the state you left the other desk in before you got your new one ;-)

9:17 PM, September 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just crazy about the flooding?! How frustrating!

Ooooh, the new 'studio' looks great, and you will LOVE your new monitor!

9:18 PM, September 19, 2006  
Blogger Mel said...

Idiot neighbours!!

You'll love that monitor! I just got a 19" LCD too, love it!!

7:21 PM, September 20, 2006  
Blogger Lee said...

Pooey on the flooding and YAY YAY YAY YAY for you on the monitor!

Your designs are great but a new studio will be great motivation too!

8:57 AM, September 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home