Monday, September 04, 2006

Happy Birthday Ab-Kebab!


Well today Abbey turns 8 years old, blimey that has gone fast. We took her to the Royal Adelaide Show yesterday where she had a fantastic time. She rode on the Dodgems with G, went on a pony ride, played a camel-racing sideshow game (where G won her a big toy horse which we then had to carry around for the next 5 hours including it riding on the ferris wheel with us!), she had her picture taken in the farmyard animals barn, she bought showbags and we ate hotdogs and hot sugary donuts, she watched some show-jumping with her new pony pal, and galloped through the carpark on the way back to the car.









She was pretty exhausted as we headed home via McDonalds for a quick dinner and then home to decorate her birthday cake before her godparents arrived to sing Happy Birthday and watch her blow out the candles. She was sluggish getting up for school today (she's also a bit under the weather) but headed off without complaint and we'll try to have her basketball hoop (yes it arrived on time!) set up for her for when she gets home. I just hope it doesn't rain or she will have to wait a while to play it! She's requested my homemade lasagne for dinner so I also best get started on that shortly too!

I also wanted to say a big Happy Fathers Day to G, he is a great dad to our brood of 3 and puts up with alot from me at times as well, but he is loved and appreciated in this family for all the things he does for us...even if none of us listen to him :)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say something, but somehow I don't think you'll be listening!

2:13 PM, September 04, 2006  
Blogger Zebette said...

Sorry G were you talking to me?

2:19 PM, September 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Abbey! Sounds like she had a wonderful day at the show!!

3:11 PM, September 04, 2006  
Blogger Lee said...

Sounds like you all had a great day! Love the pics :)

5:20 PM, September 04, 2006  
Blogger amanda said...

a big birthday hug from me too Ab (via Jo)

LMAO at the thought of G holding that horse on the ferris wheel. OMG please tell me you have photographic proof of this! Too funny!

11:39 PM, September 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Abbey for yesterday!! You've got some gorgeous kids there Jo! Great photos!

Also had to say... so jealous of you and Amanda meeting!!! LOL Glad you had a great time together!

11:37 AM, September 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is photographic evidence and I'm hoping they don't get posted ;) (hoping? I mean pleading).

I had to hold that damn thing for five hours, although I did start to get quite attached to him.

6:42 PM, September 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, check out the size of that horse! Sounds like you've had a fab weekend all round. Glad to hear Ab's basketball ring turned up - I grew up playing basketball and can't recommend it highly enough! Plus, Ab looks pretty tall so will do well ;o)

11:59 PM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

LOL G are you complaining seems like Jo is using that selective hearing stuff....lol

Great pics Jo and although I am late sending Abs huge birthday wishes and hugs and kisses here they come. xxoo
I hope she doesn't get too sick Jo and that she picks up very soon.

1:37 AM, September 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home