Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I Wish Every Day Could Be Like This

Late yesterday afternoon I had the absolute pleasure of meeting for the first time Manda's husband and eldest daughters. They were all just lovely and I just wish we had been able to hang out a bit longer.
We met up at the old Magic Mountain site in Glenelg, which is now revamped as "The Beach House" probably because only rich people can afford to go there. It's touted as having loads of arcade games and rides etc for the kids and at that time of day I was expecting it to be busy with afterschool teenagers hanging out..but it was pretty quiet and we virtually had the whole place to ourselves!! Obviously the creators of this place missed their target audience as the youth of the area can't afford the price of all the games etc either!
Amanda's oldest two girls are twins who are pretty much the same age as Abs, and her youngest daughter is pretty much the same age as Joe and Scarlett so it was great fun to see them getting along after a little while of shyness. I think the dodgem cars was the real icebreaker as none of the girls ( oh and G) could stop giggling with their bad driving.
I think Abs really enjoyed meeting the girls and I would glance over at her quite often and catch her having a chat and a laugh with either Georgia or Kelsey. After dinner at McD's we walked along the shops a bit and then down to the beach which was just blissful by that time of night (around 7.30pm) and the sun just setting. The kids ran around collecting shells and watching the huge planes fly over after taking off from the nearby Adelaide airport.
Scarlett was very quiet, she was tired but I was so proud of her for walking along the beach as she really doesn't like the beach at all. She's not at all comfortable with water and when we walked along the jetty a bit she made me carry her once the water was underneath us and held on tight but didn't kick up a big fuss.
I could tell by the time we got off the jetty that Abs was really tired. She'd been on a school excursion during the day and it was already past her bedtime and we had a 40-odd minute drive home to get through with her as well.
I was so sad to say goodbye to Amanda, she is just such a lovely person and I am so lucky to have her as a friend. I hope she and her DH (also a G) make it back to Adelaide so we can catch up again. I really enjoyed meeting her whole family and look forward to getting our clans back together again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely, special day! Fantastic that you got to spend it with such great people!

11:18 PM, March 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home