Saturday, April 08, 2006

Time Really Does Fly!

Seriously I cannot believe it is the weekend again already, I guess I have been so busy with designing the last couple of days that it seems like suddenly the weekend is just here again!
It's a good thing actually as the kids are driving me a bit crazy with their fighting so far today so G has taken Abbey to do the grocery shopping just to split them up a bit. Her Tamagotchi needs a new battery so it was pretty easy to get her out the door to the shops. The bad part was it took ages to settle the twins down again as they hated that they got left behind. They stood at the baby gate with tears streaming down their faces, holding up their shoes and trying to get G to take them with him.
I eventually settled them with "Finding Nemo" on DVD. Of course G just rang which is when they realised I had crept away to put some more washing on and then they wouldn't let me out of sight again...until I gave them some mini cheezels in a bowl to nibble on.
Scar seems to be on a major learning spurt with her speech again. Over the last couple of days her speech has become much clearer, longer sentences and she is now counting to 5 all by herself! She is naming the colours red,blue,green,yellow, orange,purple,pink and black with about 90% accuracy.
Yesterday when they were supposed to be eating their lunch I went to check on them and she came running over with her hand patting her butt shouting "Mummy I done a poo again" I was pleased for so many reasons, she was communicating with me which means I don't have to guess what she wants and maybe tantrums are nearing the end (to some degree anyhow), she's aware of what she did (maybe toilet training is in sight??) and she is expressing herself so clearly. I was so proud of her. Today she told Nanny on the phone "Joey fell and banged head on drawers" She's definitely a story-teller! She's always the first one to dob on her siblings and her shouting "Joey spitting/pushing/hit etc" or "Abbey is a meanie" is almost a constant sound in our house, oh and let's not forget the other favourite " I do it" *sigh* I don't think there is any easy to teach a 2 year old to tie their own laces but gee she sure tries!

Designing my new kit is going well, almost too well..I have to whittle down 26 papers to at least 15 or less! Next week I shall start with the elements and see where they lead me. I also have some previews to re-do, files to zip and name etc etc. It's such amazing fun and I am learning so much all the time, I love that my brain gets to function on more than just household or motherhood duties.

Speaking of household duties, sounds like the washing machine has finished...time for the next load to go on!

1 Comments:

Blogger katef said...

Oh loving that Scar has got the talking bug... so great some of the things they come out with! I get 'I do it MYSELF' all the time too! :) And thanks a bunch for your support on my blog... It is so nice to know that when I have a bad moment I have all you guys to pick me up again!

12:53 PM, April 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home