Monday, May 22, 2006

So Far, So Good

Let's hope I don't jinx myself here. Well the twins beds arrived this morning, and once we finally got dinner out the way we set to work taking down the cots and putting the beds together.
Eventually got the twins all snuggled into bed at around 9.25pm, we went back in there once as Joe was trying tell us something...but it's now been quiet for about 25 minutes! I am pretty sure they are asleep! I am hoping the fact they had a late night will help them sleep through.
I will upload pics of them tomorrow in their new beds but Scar in particular was very excited. She barely finished her milk before yelling "Let's Go" and running off to bed.
It was pretty sad taking down the cots, knowing that there most likely will never be anymore babies for us, and at the same time it was exciting to be putting the baby phase behind us and moving forward as a family to being able to do things more easily. Simple trips to the shops without strollers, holidays without having to organize accommodation with huge bedrooms for two portacots, getting rid of baby bottles...means we can get out and about more easily and that I am definitely looking forward to!
Anyway am going to sneak off to bed now and hope the twins sleep through until a reasonable hour in the morning. Ab has no school tomorrow so I can snooze until my twosome awaken!
Fingers crossed for a peaceful night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, how exciting! Hope the night goes well, and the two sleep like little angels. On to the next phase life brings!!

11:08 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger katef said...

oh got all my fingers and toes crossed for you!

12:52 AM, May 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home