Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Morning After The Night Before

Well I was hoping to add some pics this morning but I still can't seem to upload any photos and haven't been able to for about a week now! When I can get them up I will.
I am very excited to say the first night in beds went really well, and I can only hope it continues that way. Scar woke up at just before 3am, and I could hear her crying a little so went down to check on her. She often wakes in the night for a little moment of crying and settles herself within a minute or so usually but I thought I should check on her. I was surprised to find her standing on the other side of the closed door and and she had put the bedroom light on too..thank heavens Joe didn't wake despite the fact his head is right next to the door! I turned the light off, tucked her back in and she went straight back to sleep. I eventually went down and woke them at 8am (yeah yeah I know..why would anyone in their right minds wake sleeping toddlers?? I hear that ALL the time) but if I don't I know they won't settle for their naps later in the day, and I *need* them to nap so I can recharge my batteries too!
Today's big job will be stopping them from bouncing all over the beds all day, and trying to re-structure their room a bit to give them maximum space to play and storage. We do have big drawers to slide under their beds but didn't bother doing it last night as it was getting late and we just wanted them in bed but when G gets home later he can give me a hand with it all.
Hope to get some designing done today too..we'll see!
I took some great photos of Joe yesterday. Maybe not great in the sense of amazing perfect photos but great in the way the he was enjoying playing up for the camera which he doesn't do that often anymore. G's mum recently made a comment to us about the photos we send them and Joe is not often smiling which is funny as he is a very happy boy..maybe he's just a bit sick of the camera in his face?? I got a nice shot or two of Scarlett too so there may be som escrapping on the agenda at some point today if the designing doesn't happen for me.
Oh well, time to get out of my PJ's! I love not having to get up for school!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwwwwww that sounds fantastic Jo - i am hanging out to see the pics! Your two BIG babies!! What good little kids they are!

11:28 AM, May 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad the littles liked their bed and slept it in! I am still wary of getting my little into a 'big girl bed'. Maybe it's me that is not ready to say she is not a baby anymore lol

6:45 AM, May 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home