Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Completely Distressed!

It's been a strange day today. It started off with my cat being taken to the Vet this morning. She's been pulling at her mouth for a couple of days (according to my Mum whose house is where my cat lives) and it seemed best to get it checked out.
She's an elderly cat I guess at 15 years old, but I don't think of her as old, maybe because if I did then I would have to admit I have owned her since I was 17..and that would say a lot about my age!
It turns out that she is in very good health, and the mouth issue was down to a rotten tooth that had split...my poor fluffball! All her other teeth are fine though so this hsould be a bit of a one off event at least for the forseeable future. I've been on tenterhooks all day, as despite the fact she and I haven't lived together since 1998 I still consider her my baby and I haven't been abl eto stop thinking of her..was very glad when the Vet rang and said all had gone well!

Most distressing part of today was my fab mate Chris and I were chatting, and she talked me through distressing some of my digital papers..a look I have been trying to achieve for months!! I haven't been able to stop playing about with it all day and distressing,sanding and generally grunging up everything! I am sure I have loads of learning still with it but I can do it now ..and it actually looks shabby instead of crappy! THANKS CHRIS!!

Not much else to say now, looking forward to curling up in front of the TV to watch Survivor and ER tonight..it's very cold and wet here so a night in front of the telly suits me fine!

4 Comments:

Blogger katef said...

oh can't wait to see your grunged up papers! Glad to hear the cat is on the mend (though actually I don't like cats)

5:18 PM, April 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have to agree with Kate on the cat front I'm afraid, but glad Puss is on the mend for you, as she does sound like a special pet. Great news on the distressing of your papers, although I thought you did a fab job of the layout you did for me the other day! You'll have to share your newfound wisdom so we can all learn!

10:39 PM, April 19, 2006  
Blogger Bonnie & Brian said...

Looking forward to seeing those great papers.....

glad to hear your cat is getting better...

9:22 AM, April 20, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Hey Jo glad to hear puss is doing well and as healthy as can be to as she is getting on in age. With the distressing/sanding/grunging I am only too happy to have been able to guide you through that and thrilled to know that you are putting it all to great use. Now I can't wait to see them papers girl!!!!!!!! :)

10:47 PM, April 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home