Sunday, April 09, 2006

Innocence Lost

Last night I had a life changing experience. The kind of experience that makes you glad you shared it with someone you love so completely and deeply that you will always feel safe as long as they are by your side. I admit at first I was very nervous, but G put me at ease right away. He's done this kind of thing before, but this time he was taking me with him and I was feeling waaaay out of my league. This was no minor league event, this was the real deal and I knew it was going to be something big, even now some 12 hours later my mind is still whizzing around with thoughts of it all and some moments are just completely lost in the haze of my head.
I have officially now passed the test and it will only get easier from here (or so G assures me) I am now a certified Rock Chick!
Yep we went and saw The Darkness play at Thebarton Theatre last night and it absolutely went off! Now bearing in mind my last concert I went to back in Dec was Hillary Duff, and my previous concerts over the years include the likes of Kasey Chambers, Keith Urban, Take That, Janet Jackson and Kylie..you kinda see where I am going with this huh? It was a HUGE change of scene for me. In some senses it was like a whole new planet and it was LOUD. It took me more than half an hour to hear properly again and my ears are still ringing just a little.
It was a great show, though I think they did all their best songs in the first 30 minutes! Justin the lead singer I must say is a great showman, he knows how to entertain a crowd unlike so many of the performers out there these days and the rest of the band seems just as comfortable up there and interacting with the crowd, and yes it was a crowd..in fact it was a sell-out..which only added to the atmosphere.
All up a great night, and the first night G and I have had out in months and months. The kids all behaved really well for my Mum and went down to bed beautifully which is encouraging to know she was able to handle the 3 of them.

So here it is Sunday morning, and I woke up with black panda eyes, scruffy hair and the satisfaction of no longer being a Rock Virgin.

5 Comments:

Blogger katef said...

oh wow! You are a braver woman than I am!

3:52 PM, April 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Jo i was wondering how you got on last night - believe it or not but i looked at the clock and thought "Jo and G would be at the concert by now - rocking their hearts out" LOL

I hope you had a great night out. YOu both deserve it!

9:45 PM, April 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great night, you rock chick you!

11:35 PM, April 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!! glad to hear you had a blast at the concert!

11:57 PM, April 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Methinks you aren't so innocent, Lil'Miss Headbang-to-Metallica. ;)

8:18 AM, April 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home