Wednesday, April 26, 2006

History In The Making....

..but for all the wrong reasons. As a keen genealogist I used to think it was fabulous when I found new dates to add to my family tree but now I am not so sure.
Yesterday morning, around 8am my Nana passed away.

I am not sure how I feel about it all at the moment, so many thoughts in my head, so much anger towards my mother who will just milk this for all it's worth in her usual selfish way, so much relief that my Nana is no longer suffering and so much sadness that Nana had been suffering dementia and Alzheimers for so many years that she never got the chance to know and recognise her great-grandchildren.

From an amazing and vibrant young woman, to a frail and forgetful old lady, it just doesn't seem fair.

Rest peacefully Nana.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

*big hugs*
I am so sorry for your loss.
May your Nana rest in peace now *more hugs*

6:35 PM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger katef said...

sending love and support your way... don't let everyone else get you down, take care of yourself and take comfort in your family! Hugs!

9:42 PM, April 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm truly sorry about your loss Jo. I'm sure you will remember your Nan always - what a beautiful woman she was!

11:41 PM, April 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

am here for you Jo. My love and thoughts are with you. xxx

12:56 AM, April 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Your Nana was a beautiful individual! Keeping you and yours in my thoughts through this difficult time. {{hug}}

10:00 AM, April 28, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

I am so sorry about your Nan Jo so big hugs and I know we have chatted about it on MSN as well so keep your chin up despite the hiccups.

Take care Jo and I'm always here for a chat ok?!

The photo of your nan is just beautiful.

11:32 AM, April 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home