Saturday, May 06, 2006

A Child-Free Shopping Trip

I am exhausted! We set out from home at 8.40am thhis morning to head to Bunkers which is the other side of the city from us, to order the twins beds..I can't wait to get them but have to wait 2 weeks for them to be made, stained and delivered. I guess that gives me time to sort their room out properly and take them to buy quilt covers too.
We then headed to the brand new IKEA near Adelaide Airport. I swear I was like a kid in the candy shop with the stupidest grin on my face before we even walked through the front doors. I have long heard stories of the amazing IKEA stores, but we didn't have one in Adelaide until April 20, so it's been a huge build up. Funnily enough the only thing I bought was a wooden photo frame which will be given to my Mum for Mothers Day next week, with a LO in it that I haven't even done yet...ooops!
They had some great stuff there though and I think once we get this house sorted out properly we will go down and pick up some more things.
We then headed around the corner to Harbour Town, a shopping precinct of factory direct outlets which opened a couple of years ago but we haven't ever been there. I wasn't that impressed to be honest, the prices were not that amazing at all but I did buy a top each for Ab and Joe in Pumpkin Patch.
We then headed back towards home and stopped to do the weekly grocery shopping, I had fancied going for a drink and some cake but was just waaay too tired. I'd also hurt my foot a few weeks ago playing indoor soccer in the family area with G and it's still not right so it was getting far too painful to walk about on. I am going to have to bite the bullet and get to a Dr soon about it.
Anyhow all up a nice day but looking forward now to getting the kids in bed and watching some TV. I have way too much scrapping to do really but still have my brush issue to sort out which is really bothering me so I think a night off will do me good...or so I hope!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew, busy day! I'm exhausted just reading all that you guys got up to! ;o)

Still no resolution on the brush issue, damn...

12:03 PM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger katef said...

oh you got beds! YAY!
Sounds like a productive day all round! Yay!

5:01 PM, May 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If memory serves me correctly you obtained your injury before you even touched the ball, so I think you technically didn't play football with me at all. Anything to get out of it.

10:19 PM, May 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home